Monday, April 18, 2011

Criminal Mind

I've forgotten how we met
if I remembered to smile
when I first saw you
or simply stood there
sat there
sprawled there on the pavement
while you approached
the victim
in a crime of the heart

It might be a bit over the top
but since we don't talk anymore
you can't exactly object
if I take a few liberties
with what I don't remember
with the way your hair
would steal the sunshine
and your eyes
would steal the sky

I'm just making this up
making you up
as the patsy
who got me to take the fall
not for you
but because of you
because you let me love
the love I wanted
absent from yourself 

I know it's silly
but I still think of you
think that you
might still show up one day
and want to share a smile
might want to reminisce
and all I'll have to share
are lies
are the truth you couldn't see

No comments:

Post a Comment