Monday, June 27, 2011

Something Else

That siren smile was something else
as voiced by my mother
because she's got the years
that I don't
to make it really mean something
and when I borrow her words
I like to present them            
in her voice
with the proper inflection
the proper genuflection
before the altar of that old love
that makes this new love
so very true

Pardon the preamble
but I was thinking
about the best way to tell you
that I wanted to stop
and let you convince me my thetan levels
were out of this world
but I knew if I pulled out my earbuds
that smile would be swallowed
and whatever spell
you placed upon me
would break
whatever love I felt
would crash upon the rocks

The world is made of moments
and I spend most of them
trying to string together
the ones just past
into some sort of mythology
that's just as crazy
as whatever it was you were selling
just as ludicrous
as the way I fall in love
with a pair of lips
lifted up like wings
to carry me away
from the whirlpool of the world

No comments:

Post a Comment